[Digestion] Sulphur levels

Arturo Ávalos-Longoria afal2906 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 13:02:24 CST 2013

Hello Alex

Actually, we have two problems:
1. The sulphur levels are very high.
2. We are adding 3-5% of biogas volume in the headspace. But it doesn´t
react. The sulphur levels are in the same level before and after the
injection.
We are thinking there is something into the digester that makes this
phneomenom.
We are thinking that there is scum on the top of the surface. Someone agree
with it?
Regards,

Arturo

2013/3/2 <alexanderb.eaton at gmail.com>

> Arturo,
>
> Are you adding oxygen to the headspace, or do you have separate container
> where you cultivate the sulfur reducing bacteria?  What are you air
> injection ratios?
>
> Best,

> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Arturo