[Digestion] Looking for Domestic Biogas Training (and self Introduction)

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Wed May 29 20:06:41 CDT 2013

Dear Bryant,
our organisation has specialized in urban biogas plants based on food
waste, kitchen waste, green vegetable matter, fruit waste, etc. You can
have a look at our web site www.samuchit.com. You might also have a look at
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoJTlhfjpXQ, which shows our video showing
step by step how to fabricate a domestic biogas plant from two plastic
water tanks. The design has not been patented. It is our estimate that at
least 10,000 biogas plants of our design are being used all over the world.
Yours
A.D.Karve
On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 2:51 AM, Bryant Davis <bryant.vietnam at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I just joined the list a couple of weeks ago, and am really enjoying
> reading through the posts in the archives :)
>
> Briefly, to introduce myself, I recently received a degree in Mechanical
> Engineering so that I could help mitigate climate change and help improve
> people's quality of life through sustainable development.  I'm from the US,
> but before this engineering degree, I spent years studying languages, and
> so am fluent in a number of languages of countries in which I would like to
> build domestic biogas digesters.  It was exciting for me to find this
> group, and discover that my goals are aligned with many of those on this
> list, and would like to ask for advice!
>
> Would anyone happen to know where I could attend a hands-on training
> course in Asia on the actual construction of these digesters?  I'm based in
> Vietnam, but could travel to another country in the region for this (I also
> speak Chinese if training in China is a good option).  Nepal, India, or
> anywhere there is a great instructor.  I'm flexible about the location :)
>
> I'd like to help build one, learn how to ensure quality, trouble shoot,
> and so forth, anything I need to know to help make great digesters.  I was
> thinking of beginning with fixed-dome style, but would like to learn
> floating dome, bag digesters, too, if possible.
>
> If anyone would have suggestions or contacts I could get in touch with
> about this, I would be very grateful for your help.
>
> Best,
>
> Bryant

***
Dr. A.D. Karve
Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)