[Digestion] Photosythetically Conditioned Biogas Compression

Paul Harris paul.harris at adelaide.edu.au
Tue Oct 29 19:43:33 CDT 2013

G'day All,

Variable Volume (VV) storage has a number of advantages over Compression
(C), which at 20 psi will not give you much advantage anyway. VV can be
plastic, avoiding the shrapnel problem, and saves the
cost/complication/energy consumption of C. You also get a simple visual
indication of gas production/use with VV. Several members of this list
can probably verify that with a plastic storage you get a hole and a
rapid flare of gas rather than a large explosion

When we were talking about storing biogas at our University research
site the maintenance supervisor said we would have to use steel
containers and I thought to myself that I would rather stand alongside a
plastic VV storage during a fire than be anywhere near a steel cylinder.

Happy Digesting

HOOROO
Mr Paul Harris
Visitor to The University of Adelaide