[Digestion] Woodchips

David House david at h4c.org
Sat Aug 9 00:11:42 CDT 2014

Ken,

On 8/8/2014 7:05 PM, Ken Miller wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> This is my first posting on this site.  Does anyone on this list have
> experience using woochips in an anaerobic digester?

Generally speaking, it won't work; too much lignin. And of course the
C/N will be unfavorable without quite a bit of N from somewhere. Some
woods are toxic to the process besides.

Indeed, my latest digester design has a 2x4 skeleton/scaffold inside the
digester.

d.
--
David William House
"The Complete Biogas Handbook" |www.completebiogas.com|

"Make no search for water. But find thirst,
And water from the very ground will burst."
(Rumi, a Persian mystic poet, quoted in /Delight of Hearts/, p. 77)

http://bahai.us/