[Digestion] Woodchips

Vianney Tumwesige trustvianney at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 06:12:02 CDT 2014

Greetings,

Anyone with experience of turning poinsettia, begonia and chrysanthemum
waste (cuttings) into biogas?

Thanks

Vianney

On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 8:11 AM, David House <david at h4c.org> wrote:

> Ken,
>
>  On 8/8/2014 7:05 PM, Ken Miller wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> This is my first posting on this site.  Does anyone on this list have
> experience using woochips in an anaerobic digester?
>

> Generally speaking, it won't work; too much lignin. And of course the C/N
> will be unfavorable without quite a bit of N from somewhere. Some woods are
> toxic to the process besides.
>
> Indeed, my latest digester design has a 2x4 skeleton/scaffold inside the
> digester.
>

> d.
> --
> David William House
>  "The Complete Biogas Handbook" www.completebiogas.com
>
>  "Make no search for water.       But find thirst,
> And water from the very ground will burst."
> (Rumi, a Persian mystic poet, quoted in *Delight of Hearts*, p. 77)
>
> http://bahai.us/

Vianney Tumwesige
PhD student
University of Aberdeen
School of Biological Sciences
Aberdeen office:
23 St. Machar Drive,
Aberdeen,
Tel: +44 1224 273 810

Green Heat (U) Ltd
P.O. Box 10235
Kampala-Uganda
256 (0) 71 237 9889
www.greenheatinternational.com

"The more people are self sufficient in cooking fuel, the more personal and
financial freedom they have." - Emma Casson

 <http://trustvianney.wordpress.com/>