[Digestion] chicken manure in Bio Gas

Frans Somebody franshenn238 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 08:59:35 CDT 2014

Hi Ahmed.
Thanks for contacting me on this, really I have little knowledge on this
but I will give you what I have.
First question, does the dung contain any other material, ie wood shavings
& if so what type of wood as this could have either a beneficial or bad
effect on your results. I have only investigated pure dung, ie from hens in
cages
1. Access to fresh cattle dung. Some say that it only needs to be
inocculated once, but things will go wrong, they always do!
2. Obviously plenty of water.
3. Temperature should not be a problem, presuming the structures are
concrete.
4. How to deal with the exudate. If they are going to use large tankers,
volume & distances are a problem. If they want to reduce the water content,
I have not yet found anyone who has done this, though many Co say their
equipment will, but will not guarantee to the point of taking their
equipment back if it does'nt!
Sorry I can not be of more help. Please keep me posted as I would like to
know how it turns out.
Regards Frans