[Digestion] what is igh calorie for a biogas digester?

Paul Harris harrisfm at aapt.net.au
Mon Apr 20 20:18:33 CDT 2015

G'day Arnand et al,

Since Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) is often used as a measure of
digestibility (carbohydrates and water? (H2O) can provide oxygen) oxygen
content is probably not a crucial factor in digestion. Volatile Solids
(VS) content is related to BOD (but quicker and easier to assess).

Biomethane potential is probably the best guide (as some VS may not be
digestible or there may be inhibitory substances.

Hope this is some help,
Happy digesting,

HOOROO
Mr Paul Harris