[Digestion] Biogas from pure layer hen dropping.I am despirate to hear from anyone who knows of a biogas plant working only from chicken droppings. I have 40 000 birds, very small piece of land & the farmer who takes it all now is changing his farming

frans franshenn238 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 22:22:14 CDT 2016

Mr Harris

Thank you for your response.

Appreciated.

Regards, Frans Henn

Swaziland

From: Digestion [mailto:digestion-bounces at lists.bioenergylists.org] On
Behalf Of Paul Harris
Sent: 01 July 2016 10:33
To: digestion at lists.bioenergylists.org
Subject: Re: [Digestion] Biogas from pure layer hen dropping.I am despirate
to hear from anyone who knows of a biogas plant working only from chicken
droppings. I have 40 000 birds, very small piece of land & the farmer who
takes it all now is changing his farming

G'day,

Since hens don't have methanogens in their guts you have to start with cow
manure or some other innoculum, but
<http://web.archive.org/web/20130508072413/http:/www.adelaide.edu.au/biogas/
consultants/les_gornall.htm> Les Gornall thinks poultry manure is one of the
best feeds once the microbes acclimate to higher nitrogen.

Happy digesting,

HOOROO
Mr Paul Harris