[Digestion] Digestion of Oily Seed cake

Paul Harris harrisfm at aapt.net.au
Thu Jul 18 05:37:12 CDT 2019

G'day Mike et al,

I have no personal experience with oil cake but have heard that you must
only feed limited amounts of things like glycerine (and oil cake?) or
you will kill the digester.

For quickest response I would suggest a visit to your local sewage
treatment plant to get some AD sludge (if they have an anaerobic
system), or use cow or pig manure or septic tank sludge as an innoculum.

You will of course have to capture the biogas and burn it off, as
methane is 23-26 times worse as a greenhouse gas than CO2.

Hope this is some help,
Happy digesting,

HOOROO
Paul Harris