[Gasification] Syngas on Wiki_

Pannirselvam P.V pannirbr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 10:24:42 CST 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Viswanathan KS <viswanathanks at gmail.com>wrote:

> Wish all members Seasons Greetings and a Happy New Year.
>
> I started my career in 1956 as a graduate trainee in a fertilizer complex
> in India making ammonium sulphate.
>
> The complex had a water gas producing unit by gasification of coke made in
> the coke oven in the complex.
>
> The coke fines were used in a producer gas generator blown with air and
> the producer gas was used for heating the coke oven.
>
> The CO in water gas was converted to CO2 (most of it) in a water gas shift
> reactor, compressed and CO2 removed in a water wash unit, the gas was
> further compressed and CO removed in a scrubbing unit using cuprammonium
> solution. This gas called synthesis gas  was used for making ammonia.
>
> For me synthesis gas should have the capability of being used to synthesise
> some product.

    Dear   Viswanthan K.S

Happy new year
  Respected Viswanthan  K.S
what you wrote in the final consideration   is not clear  related with
producer gas and syngas concepts confusion and hence  debate here. what side
are you JIm or not?

  The gas with N2 and co2  too ,the unpurified producer gas can have
the capability of being  used to make synthesis  products
using different catalysts, may be low yields
Now it is possible to make methanol synthesis with co2,h2 and CO.
thus producer gas can be called syngas ? This is the main point of the
debate here

With all your experience , I wish you make clear ,and i hope is also are you
not able to make the point very clear to others too

Only if one  who understand well and explain well   do good sound scientific
work , independent of your sound technology work and practical experience ,
regarding the confusion,   I am very sorry that you are  not able to explain
better your points via your practical work  regarding the
debate.The experienced person like you , I expect  very clear point as I
beleve practice make perfection with very long experience , when you stared
as graduate I was 3 year old kid

Your truely
Dr.Pannirselvam .P.V

> On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Toby Seiler <seilertechco at yahoo.com>wrote:
>
>> Tom,
>>
>> Jim was right, I'm working on a machine that is intended to some degree to
>> integrate principles of making synthesis gas, so I have a vested interest in
>> his use of terminology used in marketing his product that, I
>> believe, contributes to a public misunderstanding.  I've asked Jim nice many
>> times in the past to consider the differences that Doug, Bill Klein,
>> Greg and many other professionals on this list have explained to Jim and
>> myself years ago.
>>
>> GF (and others) recognize that there is commercial value in marketing the
>> "syngas" claim in addition to the technical correctness issue.
>>
>> Unfortunately with a mushrooming interest in energy issues, many un or
>> under-educated persons have now become part of our various governments and
>> making public policy.  Continued use of wrong terminology, now even amongst
>> government officials making policy decisions, eventually affects enterprise
>> large and small.
>>
>> I'm impressed by Jim and his crew's ability to appeal to a large audience
>> of interested, computer literate folks.  I wish him success.
>>
>> I don't want this to be harsh or attacking to Jim, but feel that continued
>> effort to make alternative energy progress will require even greater
>> technical distinctions, rather than blending terms together as "generic"
>> terms.  Please help to clear up our "english" language version of Wiki
>> defining these gases and their respective machinery.
>>
>> Have a good new years.
>>
>> Toby Seiler
>> Seilertechco

>> The Gasification list has moved to
>> gasification at bioenerglists.org - please update your email contacts to
>> reflect the change.
>> Please visit http://info.bioenergylists.org for more news on the list
>> move.
>> Thank you,
>> Gasification Administrator

P.V.PANNIRSELVAM
ASSOCIATE . PROF.
Research Group ,GPEC, Coordinator
Computer aided  Cost engineering

DEQ – Departamento de Engenharia Química
CT – Centro de Tecnologia / UFRN, Lagoa Nova – Natal/RN
Campus Universitário. CEP: 59.072-970
North East,Brazil
https://sites.google.com/a/biomassa.eq.ufrn.br/sites/
 and