[Gasification] Syngas on Wiki_

doug.williams Doug.Williams at orcon.net.nz
Fri Dec 31 03:19:13 CST 2010

Hi Jim and "Colleagues",

>From your last posting Jim you lament:

> aren't we here the experts the dictionary writers would consult?

Definition of expert:  X "the unknown factor",  and spert, "a  drip under
pressure". (but my friends, to appreciate this joke, you need to understand
how the English use the English language.) We do laugh a lot at ourselves
you know, not just in jokes.

My answer would be no we are not, but just discovering what other people
forgot, or chose what not to do(:-)

As a person who technically by geographic location of the date line, exist
in your future, I am trying desperately to enjoy a glass or two of wine, a
video viewing of "Dinner for One" which our German friends will appreciate,
on New Years Eve in New Zealand.

Tomorrow if my wife allows me to pander to my incurable habit of
gasification, I might just pontificate a little to remember on your New
Years Eve, of why I need to remain focused on what I do, not what anyone
else is doing.   I will also look again at Jim's discovery;

http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/guides/William_Doxford_and_Sons   which as a
indentured Boilermaker, is a glimpse into an era of steel fabrication, and
into which I was trained.

Stop Team, take a breath, and celebrate the richness and diversity of our
cultural heritage, and individual technical capability.

Doug Williams.