[Gasification] compression of dirty gas

GF gfwhell at aol.com
Wed Feb 2 13:52:35 CST 2011

Who said anything about an "aluminum rotor" .What's wrong with an all plastic"hot tub pump".
Since I got into this discussion it seems obvious to me that I have made this Gas pump far  to complicated.
Producer gas used to be held in large water sealed telescopic cylinders, which rose up into the sky, lifted by coal gas pressure Did our Grandfathers pump them up on occasions with fresh air, get inside ,clean and paint, say  every "1000 hours" does this sound plausible?. Who cares if the plastic drums get dirty inside.
I am amazed how simple it is to create a vacuum with a little puff of steam into a container. the steam quickly displaces the air and if sealed, the contents (steam)
shrinks to approximately 1.4% of its original volume (condenses), creating a substantial vacuum.
1 psi equals about 27"WG.or 106 mm. so it seems to me a system could be easily devised using waste heat from the gasifier in order to pressurize the product for distribution. perhaps that's how the Chinese do it?

GF