[Gasification] Enventix: Syngas and Biochar from Waste

Arnt Karlsen arnt at c2i.net
Tue Jan 18 13:22:34 CST 2011

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 23:58:52 -0500, GF wrote in message
<8CD84E3897DF9D0-474-1B599 at webmail-stg-m04.sysops.aol.com>:

>  Brian.
> I have brought this matter up on several occasions regarding
> secondary exposure of thermal energy to the output gas. It seems to
> me that raising the temperature within a reaction chamber in the
> absence of oxygen and adding steam through a hollow carbon rod,

..sounds like a nice sophisticated, expensive way to make synthetic
gas out of that steamy carbon tube. ;o)

> the tip of which is producing a plasma can only improve the quality
> and quantity of usable gas, which will more than compensate for the
> electrical energy used.
>
>  There will be a considerable reduction in the flow of air for
> pyrolysis. In fact commercial plasma reactors do not require any air
> for combustion the oxygen is derived from steam. Use could be made of
> the hot exhaust stream from an ICE  to torrify the "FUEL" in order to
> produce the required gas flow  through such a reactor, thus claiming
> much of the thermal energy being wasted. the final product would also
> produce methanol not tar. I hope to obtain a high enough plasma
> temperature with the use of micro wave excitation, 2.4 Ghz radiation
> can travel through some types of refractory. this will cut costs
> considerably.

..you can contain that MW scale 2.4Ghz radiation so you don't
jam out mW scale 2.4Ghz WIFI, Bluetooth and cell phone etc
communications?  (Would make a nice revenge for my first ISP
job though, we were WIFI-based and were jammed out of business
by Telenor's home WIFI routers.)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: