[Gasification] Enventix: Syngas and Biochar from Waste

Jeff Davis jeff0124 at velocity.net
Sat Jan 22 19:22:58 CST 2011

Dear Tom, Tom and All,

About eight years ago I started a submerged arc, for a short period of
time, and was surprised at the water temperature and that the plastic
food container didn't melt.

I used the carbon rod arc torch that came with my handy dandy stick
welder.

If I had the time I would repeat the experiment but I would record the
amount of start and end water, temp before/after and the amount of
electric consumed. Also, somehow, the amount of steam produced.

Hit hard by global freezing,

Jeff

On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 10:14 -0800, Thomas Reed wrote:
> In the 1950s I Worked at the Linde Air (now Praxair) Company and was
> director of welding research for a time.  We had a number of
> physicists doing basic research, plus a lot of applied development
> work.  I hold several patents on plasma torches, and am glad to see
> this discussion of the merits of combining a small plasma input to aid
> pyrolysis.

www.puffergas.com

Sent from any port in the storm via  Acer netbook & Ubuntu Remix.