[Gasification] Enventix: Syngas and Biochar from Waste

Pannirselvam P.V pannirbr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 06:07:03 CST 2011

   Helo Tom

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 8:56 PM, Tom Miles <tmiles at trmiles.com> wrote:

> Pannirselvam,
>

> As the owner, principal sponsor, and administrator of this list for 15
> years (since 1996) I can tell you that syngas is within the scope of this
> discussion. See list purpose below.) Gas production and refining to
> synthesis gases are also within the scope of the list.

         * I am late comer to this very big list , like many young members
 here *

> Much of the discussion on the list has been on producer gas and its
> application to engines simply because that is what the more vocal members
> (of 1200) on the list seem to be interested in. Many list members have
> extensive experience in developing gasifiers for the production of liquid
> fuels and fuel cells.

    The content of our list is very much , well organized with videos  and
related full articles and documents  of projects from many
country.Congratulation for you and your dedicated team work

> Before you ask general questions on the list be sure to do your research.
> We have placed a large amount of information and links to gasification
> research and development on the gasification website that we maintain to
> support this discussion. Study the information and links at
> www.gasifiers.bioenergylists.org and in the discussion archives. We
> welcome information that we can add to the site.

  *   I and  my students do search  here often , able to get  good answers
 but mainly  for   gasifiers and CHP . I do  find little work regards to
syngas and liquid fuels *

> Almost all gasification processes to power or liquid fuels are expensive
> today compared with traditional combustion technologies. Most of these are
> still in development. Reg Miller, a principal at Enventix, is one of many
> researchers who have been developing systems to make high quality gases from
> biomass.

       The information you  always post along with links are very good one .
Even in the integrated reactor patent , these information are
not available.

> I do not think that biomass gas - SOFC have become competitive yet with
> other conversion technologies like IC engines, ORC or gas turbines. The
> economic questions are evaluated each year by researchers around the world.
> You will find techno-economic studies in the presentations at many meetings.

   As you  have always update the information , thanks to your answer.

     With new integrated reactor developments , let us see the bioenegy
project can have soon great green future .

       The energy integtaion of sepearte steam ,making , pyrolsysi ,
gasification , reforming are all well done  by a integrated reactor , but
very complex  one

> Kind regards,
>

> Tom Miles
>
> www.gasifiers.bioenergylists.org
>

> About the Gasification Discussion List (from
> www.gasifiers.bioenergylists.org) :
>
> "The purpose of this "Gasification" list is to promote the development and
> introduction of gasification of biomass to syngas for liquid fuels, heat and
> power.
>
> The scope is broad:
>
> "promote" includes technical information exchange, discussion of
> difficulties and means to overcome them, identification of pertinent
> literature and expertise, etc.,
>
> "development" includes such topics as research, development, demonstration
> and commercial manufacturing techniques.
>
> "introduction" includes world-wide, using products fabricated in factories,
> the traditional sector, or by users.
>
> "improved" refers to factors that will reduce biomass consumption, improve
> the health of users, reduce pollution (both locally
> and globally), and/or augment income (as through charcoal-making),
>
> "biomass" includes wood, charcoal, crop residues, and animal manures.
>
> "gasifiers" can be used for heat generation for drying, curing, steam or
> hot water, syngas for liquid fuels production or fuel gas for power
> generation through engines and turbines.
>
> The scope excludes commercial promotion of any specific corporation, but
> product identification and product factual information
> is encouraged."

P.V.PANNIRSELVAM
ASSOCIATE . PROF.
Research Group ,GPEC, Coordinator
Computer aided  Cost engineering

DEQ – Departamento de Engenharia Química
CT – Centro de Tecnologia / UFRN, Lagoa Nova – Natal/RN
Campus Universitário. CEP: 59.072-970
North East,Brazil
https://sites.google.com/a/biomassa.eq.ufrn.br/sites/
 and