[Gasification] [Digestion] composition of pyrolysis gas

Thomas Reed tombreed2010 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 22:00:08 CST 2011

Dear Nandu

The first four of the gases are "permanent" gases at room temperature and atmospheric pressure.  Only the water condenses out. There is no fuel value in the CO2 or H2O the CO and H2 heats of combustion are 300 and the methane is 1000 Btu/ft^3.

Biogas comes only from the cellulose/hemicellulose CarboHydrate, CH2O fraction of biomass by anaerobic digestion according to

2   CH2O ==> CH4 + CO2

And so has a Michael higher energy content than gasification gas.

My regards to Priadeshina...

Tom Reed

Dr Thomas B Reed
President, The Biomass Energy Foundation
www.Woodgas.com