[Gasification] CONSERVATION OF ENERGY

GF gfwhell at aol.com
Tue Jul 12 18:51:58 CDT 2011

The other day I posted an article on this site concerning:
 Cornish Hydrogen Generator. Keelynet,  which describes a method of converting
Aluminum into its oxide and in the process cracks water, freeing up hydrogen for use as fuel for a light car.
By all accounts, using this gas in the place of any other fuel.
Distances and the amount of metal used in this attainment were mentioned.
I was hoping for a reaction from one of the many “Energy Economists”
Who lurk on this site, to respond with negative information regarding the impracticality and waste fullness of such a process?
I believe there is a large following on this site who are interested in obtaining electrical power using renewable energy, derived from carbon neutral sources.
They might question the economics and ethics of using a refined ore as fuel.
Instead of chopping down oxygen producing vegetation.
In this respect I am a nonconformist. I believe most Aluminum is produced by Hydro electric power and, so the CO2 is not in the equation.
My second comment is harnessing a “free” supply of high temperature heat which is emitted from most Ice’s in the form of “Hot Exhaust”.
This is the place to install a reactor capable of converting beer cans into hydrogen as not too much energy would be needed to complete the reaction. Bubbling super heated steam through a molten bath of AL would give pure hydrogen.
No tar, and the ash is a hot commodity

The real question is: how much energy is locked up in a pound of AL

gfwhell