[Gasification] insurance

Greg Manning a31ford at gmail.com
Mon May 16 22:36:17 CDT 2011

Toby,

 I have "fully disclosed" my designs to the local auto insurance, HOWEVER,
we have only ONE insurance company alowed to us for auto, it's called "MPI"
(Manitoba Public Insurance) and all auto/truck goes through them, period.

Home and others are wide open, but auto, they have "all tied up".

I have worked with both them and "Vehicle Standards Branch"  (mini DOT, here
in Manitoba) and I am currently working with them again for the new truck.

It falls under the class of "Altered Vehicle" and all they worry about is
fuel line routing, as far as the "burning fire" the first time around, I
said SO ?  "an engine has 8 fires inside of it, mine only has one, and by
virtue one is safer than 8.... (I got away with that thinking the first
time, and now it has "stuck" this one was/is a peice of cake)..... (so far).

 Greg

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 6:32 PM, Toby Seiler <seilertechco at yahoo.com> wrote:

>   Jim,
>
> Your telling us that your general business insurance policy will cover your
> product liability on the "gasifiers experimenters kit" or the "power
> pallet".  Right....  I don't believe you.
>
> I've made complex machinery for too many years to believe that you can
> obtain product liablity on experimental and unproven machinery.  Been there
> on much better developed equipment.
>
> Write me off list (providing your PL underwriter) and I'll verify... then
> gladly eat my words.
>
> Phillip has a policy application (I believe he wants auto insurance)... but
> no policy. He surely won't get it from Indiana Farm Bureau.  How many people
> have really, truthfully disclosed that they are adding a gasifier to their
> insurance underwriter, where the undewriter had actual knowledge of the
> significant, added apparatus and approved it?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Toby
> Seilertechco

 Regards,