[Gasification] Sealing for gasifier?

Rolf Uhle energiesnaturals at gmx.de
Mon Sep 5 08:01:25 CDT 2011

One thing is a joint which has to be opened once in a while and where you can
apply a new layer every time and another is a permanent service opening like
an ash door or so.
For diameters up to 6 inch there are standard , weld-on bajonet hose couplers
with grooves and nose for joint material. ( fireman' s type ).Open-close by
1/4 turn.
If these are mounted far enough from the cowling/heat source, good silicon
rubber O-rings could stand the heat.

Rolf