[Gasification] Sealing for gasifier?

jim mason jim at allpowerlabs.org
Sun Sep 11 15:34:09 CDT 2011

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Pete & Sheri <spaco at baldwin-telecom.net> wrote:

>   A “Quad ring” is a sort-of  square cross section ring, with o-shaped
> edges.
>
> See:
>
> http://www.daemar.com/pdfs/118-DMR_Quad-Ring-GrooveDesign_01.pdf
>
> for a better look at one style.  There are others.

i had not seen that one.  thank you pete.  it looks like this might
stay in a groove or around an edge better than a straight O-ring.

i also just found. turns out you can buy the fiberglass/ceramic rope
premade with a silicone cover. this sounds useful, for combination of
flexibility and seal.  however, still only 300c tops in constant use.

silicon sealed rope
http://www.davlyn.com/products/product.php?id=6
http://www.adlinsulflex.com/high-temp-rope?gclid=CN7O54yB76oCFRA5gwodcgF4NQ