[Gasification] 2 MWe Gasifier at University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada

Mark Ludlow mark at ludlow.com
Mon Jun 25 03:42:23 CDT 2012

Dear Tom,

I appreciate the scale of Nexterra's projects: big enough to be real. Of course, they could trip-up on a truly large project that was expected to be more than just a feel-good accomplishment (they've been good at skimming-off the cream, so far). But they smell real, somehow; the UBC plant looks great from the air! I'll bet it looks great, close-up, also. Good engineering has a natural esthetic appeal.

I'm not troubled that their capital cost/kW is unrealistic; At least, for now, their systems are performing above projections. Range Fuel they are not.

Now that's refreshing news!

Mark