[Gasification] Stove and Indoor Air Pollution Contacts in Madagascar

Michal Usowicz usowicz at mail.usf.edu
Thu Oct 18 15:39:39 CDT 2012

I am an Environmental Engineering Graduate student at University of South
Florida in Tampa Florida, USA. I am part of the Master’s International
Program here which is a program where I serve in the Peace Corps, work on
engineering projects there, and do my thesis.  I will be going to
Madagascar this March to be an Environmental and Water Resources Volunteer.
I will most likely be working on sanitation and water projects,
specifically latrines and wells, but I will also have an opportunity to
work on my thesis, which I will be doing on stoves.

I am trying to make contact with people and organizations in Madagascar or
near-by countries that are working with stoves, indoor air pollution, and
related topics.  I simply want to learn a bit more about the stove work
that has been going on before I leave for the country and also learn of
potential research projects.  I also would like to make contacts at the
universities in Madagascar to see if there was potential for collaboration
there and access to lab equipment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,
Michal Usowicz