[Gasification] Wood heating in the UK - whole log gasification

Jeff Davis jeffdavis0124 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 22:47:16 CST 2013

Hi Ken,

I'm working on a whole log charcoal/heat-producer BUT my logs will come
from small coppice stems about 1/2 to 2" diameter.

The scheme is about converting a Bucket-A-Day stove, coal burning
boiler, into a Pocket-Rocket with grates at the bottom to allow charcoal
to collect below them. A continuous operation. This allows me to produce
charcoal to fuel my gas-producer and heat in the winter time. In other
words I get my charcoal without wasting the Btu's ! !

Surprisingly the first test run produced charcoal, radiant heat and
could have produced hot water if the plumbing was completed. Just
started and have plenty of work before I even get close to the finish line.

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9Gys3CrK_A>

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oeI2AiphTM>

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6AapEAejSE>

Jeff