[Gasification] mycoremediation of tarry water

Jeff Davis jeff0124 at hughes.net
Sun Feb 3 18:52:41 CST 2013

In regards to filtering tar:

I have tried water filters twice and both times I was dismayed with the
scheme.

I have tried a number of dry filter schemes with no real results.

The problem is removing that last bit of tar. Maybe some kind of cold
condensation separator would work BUT, and it's a big BUT, you still end
up with tar and tar is not easy to work with. Possibly if it was on an
industrial level and the tar was one of the products sought. On a small
scale or village level tar will not be dealt with properly.

The bottom line is gas with non-acceptable levels of tar should be used
for thermal applications.

Jeff