[Gasification] sexy steam

Mark Ludlow mark at ludlow.com
Mon Feb 4 20:07:41 CST 2013

Hi Richard,

I agree with you as long as you are talking heat transfer
applications. But in an  isentropic (constant entropy)
expansion, such as occurs in a steam turbine, a phase change
from vapor to liquid can spell death to the turbine. Often
the steam is reheated  along the way, just to prevent "wet"
steam.

I only mention this because probably 95% of grid energy is
the result of a steam turbine driving a generator.

Best regards,

Mark