[Gasification] Gasifier Demos in Oregon and Washington State, this week and next. (Feb 16-24)

jim mason jim at allpowerlabs.org
Mon Feb 18 01:16:18 CST 2013

Introducing Gary and Nate Olmein, New Washington State Authorized
Representatives.

We welcome Gary and Nate Olmein to the ALL Power Labs Authorized
Representative family.  They've been hard at work since their Power
Pallet arrive a couple months ago, and already have a website that
makes our Bay Area efforts look amateur.  See here:
http://www.woodgasnorthwest.com/.

They have big plans for developing small scale gasification
installations throughout Washington state and beyond.  They'll be
holding regular demo events for locals to see the machines and inquire
about the details.  We get many of you writing from the Northwest, and
now we finally have someone (actually two, see below), in the
neighborhood for you to visit.

The first opportunity is this weekend and next at the Seattle Home
Show.  "The Seattle Home Show is the Northwest's largest consumer home
show, with everything for the home - indoors and out - at two annual
shows in downtown Seattle at CenturyLink Field Event Center.  The
Spring and Fall shows present hundreds of exhibits including builders,
remodelers, the latest appliances and fixtures, decorating,
landscaping . . . everything from floor to ceiling and beyond.
Attendees also enjoy special features including seminars and wine
tasting."

The Olmein's have a booth and Power Pallet at the show.  See their
picture from the first day:
http://wiki.gekgasifier.com/w/file/63731980/olmeim%20WA-AR%20at%20expo.jpeg
and the report below.

>From Gary & Nate Olmeim:

We had some great exposure & feedback for our first day. I would say
we had more than 300 people through the booth in 10 hours & many were
very enthusiastic. Handed out lots of info. There were times when we
had 8-10 people at once watching a description of the process.
Attached is a photo showing that kind of scene.

It's interesting, out of the 100's, there were maybe 6-8 that
mentioned seeing the pallet on line. So, there's definitely some great
exposure in this process.

We will provide more updates & photos as the show progresses. Thx

The Seattle Home Show
http://seattlehomeshow.com/
Sat Feb 16 - Sun Feb 24, 2013
CenturyLink Event Center
Booth #1314

Ongoing contact info for the Olheim's is at: http://www.woodgasnorthwest.com

Introducing Allen Meyer and H&L Erectors, new Oregon State Authorized
Representative

Allen Meyer has been following our progress at APL for many years, and
recently decided things were finally ready for a big push in Oregon
State.  He comes from fabrication and construction background, and
sees lots of potential for these machines on remote location
construction sites.  Oregon has a few of these I've heard . . .

A few months ago, Allen drove north from APL with his new Power Pallet
in the back of his pickup truck.  He tells us he ended up doing a demo
in every rest stop he paused at along I-5.  Between rest stops he
entertained himself listening to the trucker CB chatter trying to
figure out what the thing was in the pickup truck-- which is maybe why
he seemed to arrive at rest stops with a ready made audience of
truckers.

Since then, Allen has been travelling the state for a variety of shows
and workshops.  He had the Power Pallet at the Power Pallet at the NW
Ag show Jan 29-31, as well as the Northeast Oregon Biomass Energy
Workshop in La Grande in early December.  The focus to date has been
on the nut growing sectors in ag, and the highly stressed forestry
industries in Eastern Oregon.  The Oregon Department of Forestry has
also taken an interest, and more conference demos are in planning.  I
don't yet have the full report from the shows, but at the very least,
here's the booth from the AG show!

http://wiki.gekgasifier.com/w/file/63731862/NWAgshow.jpg

Allen is hosting his first "at home" demo next weekend, Saturday Feb
23rd, at the H&L world headquarters in Gresham, Oregon.  He is betting
everyone coffee and donuts that attendees will find it interesting.
As Allen is a very smart and interesting gent, lots of donuts and
coffee are going to be passed in one direction or another.  And as my
family is most recently from fabulous Pendleton Oregon, maybe we can
organize a gang to drive down I-84 for the show.  Hello Pendleton?

Info on the demo event is here:
http://wiki.gekgasifier.com/w/file/63731865/Feb%2023%20Demo%20pdf.pdf

For general information on Allen's endeavors, as well as how to
contact him for projects, see his new website here:
http://hlerectors.com/heatlightpower/index.html#

On other fronts, more job announcements are coming this week.  In the
interim, remember we have some open positions already posted here:
http://gekgasifier.com/forums/index.php?/forum/56-job-opportunities/

More soon,

jim

PS- Next open house at APL is March 8th.  We will be having a demo of
the 100kw Powertainer onsite, for all who are interested.

Jim Mason
Website: http://www.whatiamupto.com
Current Projects:
   - Gasifier Experimenters Kit (the GEK): http://www.gekgasifier.com