[Gasification] PIA | Company  demonstrates eco-friendly technology  in  drying palay, tobacco

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Sat Nov 9 11:26:17 CST 2013

Jeff,

Val Tiangco, CTO of BTI, did his graduate studies (~1986) on the use of rice
husk to make engine gas. He did his dissertation and published several
papers with Bryan Jenkins and John Goss on the topic. Today affiliates of
Ankur Scientific Technologies sell gasifiers to drive engines with rice husk
gas in Cambodia and other countries in South Asia. I don’t know that the
quality of the gas has changed any or whether gas cleaning has improved but
it is being used. I understand that Ankur sales are very good at this time,
as are sales of the Ankur look-a-likes from China and other South Asian
countries.

Tom