[Gasification] Try this better address for the article.

Arnt Karlsen arnt at iaksess.no
Fri Apr 11 17:21:58 CDT 2014

On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 11:24:53 -0500, Greg wrote in message
<1004FFDF-755E-4728-8CFA-9C46845CE157 at me.com>:

> Hi,
> Here is a link to a more detailed article about the Navy's new
> process.
> http://www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com/dr20140408-scale-model-wwiiera-plane-flies-with-fuel-from-the-sea
> The article is pasted below.
>
> I agree, the devil is in the details, and that the Laws of
> Thermodynamics cannot be sidestepped. There has to be energy added to
> make the processes work and by the time a thorough EROEI analysis is
> done, the energy costs to manufacture the fuel is greater than the
> energy it contains.
>
> One advantage I could see is that they may be exploiting is the
> higher molecular energy content in the carbonate and bicarbonate. If
> that stored energy can be exploited they may improve the EROEI
> account. Thx, Greg

..http://www.nrl.navy.mil/media/news-releases/2014/scale-model-wwii-craft-takes-flight-with-fuel-from-the-sea-concept
repeats the HS BS but adds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iavz7AnKI8I
showing this soup run what looks and sounds like a standard methanol
burning model engine anNynãsd fly the model with what sounds and looks
like roughly half the power of standard model methanol fuels.

..if it has twice the endurance of standard model methanol fuels,
it's really no worse than the Swedish methanol-ersatz fuel mix
made by Nynãs in the mid 1980ies when Sweden banned methanol in
model fuels.  The Nynãs soup produced 85% of methanol power and
roughly 120% of methanol endurance.

..I became the first methanol smuggler ;o), carrying a coupla
planes and RC-fuel approaching customs on the border, I turned
on the radio and learned the ban had been in effect for about
40 seconds when the guys got curious.  The customs guys didn't
know "modellflybensin" contains 80% methanol and I didn't push
my luck. ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: