[Gasification] Gasification or Pyrolysis + Absorption Chiller for Fruit

David House david at h4c.org
Fri Aug 15 12:56:58 CDT 2014

Art,

On 8/15/2014 10:15 AM, Art Krenzel wrote:
> The number of absorption refrigerators (ACR) number in the tens of
> thousands in just the RV market alone today as just one example.
>  Virtually every RV you see on the road in the US has some form of a
> small ammonia based cooler/refrigerator in it.  Sales are both in the
> new and the retrofit markets.  ACR refrigerators have a more finite
> life and are subject to early failure from abuse and operations while
> not properly level.

Good to hear from you again. I hope all is well.

Yes, I know about the availability of such ACR (absorption cycle
refrigeration) units for RVs. There is a place just north of me that
sells them, for example, and if you recall, you and I discussed this
previously, in October of last year, on the Digestion list.

My point was poorly stated. When I said that "few ACR refrigerators are
still manufactured...," it was in the context of the Einstein/Szilárd
patents. I meant that, as far as I know, very few types of completely
passive ACR refrigerators (i.e. as classified by the technology used)
are presently manufactured, and those that are presently manufactured do
not use high efficiency passive ACR technology. The nod, rather, is
given to being [relatively] rugged, cheap to manufacture, and so on.
Sorry for not speaking with greater clarity.

Thus, in order to gain the benefit of related/different ACR
technologies, one needs a machine shop, knowledge, skill, et al.... or
at least as far as I know.

Obviously I don't have tech data on all units now available, but if
memory serves, a COP of rather less than 1 is fairly common for these
units. Do you know of any passive technology, actively manufactured ACRs
that do better?

d.
--
David William House
"The Complete Biogas Handbook" |www.completebiogas.com|

"Make no search for water.   But find thirst,
And water from the very ground will burst."
(Rumi, a Persian mystic poet, quoted in /Delight of Hearts/, p. 77)

http://bahai.us/