[Gasification] Biocoal markets

Jeff Davis jeffdavis0124 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 19:48:02 CST 2014

Hi Kenny,

On 01/04/2014 05:28 PM, Kenny Redd wrote:
> Thanks Jeff for responding to my survey.  Just a couple more
> questions.  Did you use fossil coal for space heating or did you use
> it for industrial applications?
I used anthracite fossil coal for space heating my shop.

> Is your opinion in favor of biocoal as a fossil coal alternative based
> on personal experience with biocoal or other torrefied bio-solids?

First is the negative experience with fossil coal.

I have never used any torrefied biomass but have used air dried wood and
wood charcoal with positive results. This would be space heating and
fueling IC engines.

> Thanks again, you're helping answer questions that we have to address
> to keep our work going...we appreciate it very much!
> Kenny

Your welcome AND best of luck,

Jeff