[Gasification] Charcoal and biochar

Kevin C kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Tue Mar 18 07:21:43 CDT 2014

Dear Greg

Quoting Greg Manning <a31ford at gmail.com>:

> But Kevin, if the pellets cost MORE than gasp;ine to drive the same
> distance, then why go on a gasifier in the first place !

# I did a calculation that "Whenever Gasoline is more than $.95 per
litre, it is cheaper to drive on Pellets costing $450 per tonne or
less". Here in Nova Scotia, Canada, Gasoline is about $1.38 per litre.

# The BIG THING with teh much more expensive pellets is their
widespread availability. Of course, when "at home", or where one has
"assured access to suitable chips", use chips.

Best wishes,

Kevin