[Gasification] Tennessee company - pyrolysis biochar + hydrogen ($1.75 per gallon diesel-equivalent?)

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Mon May 12 20:04:07 CDT 2014

Dear Art,
I am not a chemist but I feel that we can also separate the hydrogen
from water gas. India is the world's third largest producer of
chemical fertilizers and I am quite sure that the Indian fertilizer
producers also use natural gas as their source of hydrogen.  India
generates annually about 800 million tonnes of agricultural waste,
which can serve as the source to produce charcoal. This charcoal would
have the same amount of energy as all the petroleum that we import.
We have developed charring kilns for charring light biomass into a
powdery charcoal. currently we briquette it and use it as domestic
fuel. We have also made water gas from our char and demonstrated its
use as fuel.
Yours
A.D.Karve