[Gasification] Two Engines One Gasifier

Rex Zietsman rex at whitfieldfarm.co.za
Wed Apr 1 13:12:01 CDT 2015

Doug,

I have seen photos on your website of multi-engine operation driving a
central shaft to a single generator. So I know you have done it. We have a
small design that goes nominally up to 40kW as this is the largest petrol
engine we can reasonably find - 7 litre V8. I guess putting two of them in
parallel would be manageable as well. I would be squeamish about the start
up though.

Tom,

You mention an instrument to measure the heating value. Can you elaborate as
I can see it being a fantastic tool. Is it an inline sensor such as a lambda
sensor?

Kind regards

Rex

Rex Zietsman