[Gasification] Coal Gasification

hugh hugh at austrop.org.au
Sat May 30 03:37:49 CDT 2015

Problem is

Gassifying coal, produces coke - carbon + mineral content - it is not
the same as charcoal - especially from a soil perspective. In fact it
can be quite toxic. (As a young boy - if we couldn't get galena (PbS)
crystals (to function as rectifying diodes in crystal sets) we used coke
(which was everywhere in the 50's) - which worked quite well - go figger....

Hugh