[Gasification] Coal Gasification

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Sat May 30 04:23:43 CDT 2015

Dear Hugh,
I thought that coal gas was produced by introducing steam into burning
coal, which produces a mixture of CO and H2. This type of combustible
gas can be produced even from charcoal.  It is quite clean and
absolutely without any tar, I was under the impression that the gas
that Mr. Jain refered to was of this type. If that is not the case,
then it is obvious that charcoal cannot be used in his gasifier.
Yours
A.D.Karve