[Gasification] Characterization of waste water from biomass gasification equipment: A case-study from Cambodia

OscarJiménez Cabeza oscar at cubaenergia.cu
Mon Jan 4 10:51:17 CST 2016

Dear Tom and gasification colleagues.

I do hope all of you enjoy a fruitful and healthy 2016.

The issue you’ve highlighted regarding remediation of gasifier wastewater, has been a very important concern to us.

We do know Ankur dry cleaning system, however we consider that it is mainly suitable for medium to large scale system.

We had a modest experience with a 50 KWe gasification system developed by the Indian Institute of Science based in Bangalore.

This system, which also use scrubber for producer gas cleaning, has a settler. This settler, with the help of certain additive (coagulants), help in settling some kind of sludge in a tank.

Clear water from the mentioned settler, returns to the scrubber while rather small amount of sludge is disposed of. On the other hand small amount of water is bled-off from the scrubber system and certain amount or fresh water is fed in as make-up.

We do not have data to offer. I would only dare to tell you to get a deeper insight of the Bangalore’s system, in case you hadn’t yet. Perhaps it might help.

Kindest regards.

Oscar.