[Gasification] Drying using a syngas genset exhaust

Energies Naturals C.B. energiesnaturals at gmx.de
Mon Mar 21 15:59:08 CDT 2016

Hallo Dimitris,

no idea if syngas exhaust behaves differently from diesel exhaust, but the latter comes out at around 400 °C and can be very well used to dry wet biomass. It should be mixed with ambient air so as not to pyrolize or even ignite the biomass.
I once spoke to people from Central America who had a very simple setup:
A sort of tower where the raw biomass is filled in at the top and the exhaust/air comes from below in counterflow.
They said that the humidity was driven off to the top and dry stuff could be taken out below.
Seems simple...

best regards

Rolf

--