[Gasification] Drying using a syngas genset exhaust

Nicolò Cerni cerni at altair-international.com
Mon Mar 21 18:07:31 CDT 2016

Hello Dimitris,

we have  an integrated system that you can use to very efficiently dry all
your biomass fuel, it takes exhaust but also gasifier and cogen shelter
plenum air
if your ciogen has 100 of thermal energy our system works with jys 13,5% of
that to dry yr biomass

example
a 200 Kwel gasifer can serve 3 dryers, each one with 30 cubics net of G 30
wood chips
our dryers are truck loadable contaienr boxes, they include, heat recovery
AHU air handling units, ducts, sensors and PLC general Ctrl board
cost x 1  dryer 55 000 Euros
theya re all ATEX and fire proof homologated according to IEC and EPA
standards
regards

NC

> Hallo Dimitris,
>
> no idea if syngas exhaust behaves differently from diesel exhaust, but the
> latter comes out at around 400 °C and can be very well used to dry wet
> biomass. It should be mixed with ambient air so as not to pyrolize or even
> ignite the biomass.
> I once spoke to people from Central America who had a very simple setup:
> A sort of tower where the raw biomass is filled in at the top and the
> exhaust/air comes from below in counterflow.
> They said that the humidity was driven off to the top and dry stuff could
> be taken out below.
> Seems simple...
>
> best regards
>
> Rolf
>

> On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 20:50:01 +0200
> "DIMITRIS TZAGKAS-KOKARAS & ASSOCIATES" <dimitris at kokaras.gr> wrote:
>
> > Hello all.
> > Has anyone ever tried to use the genset exhaust of a syngas driven
> genset in order to use it in a biomass dryer(rotary or something)?
> > I can read in the literature that the syngas engine’s exhaust is
> saturated, but I cannot find experimental data anywhere.
> > What does “saturated” mean in numbers of relative humidity (%) or
> absolute humidity (gr/kgr)?
> >
> > Best Regards
> > Dimitris
>

> --
> Energies Naturals C.B. <energiesnaturals at gmx.de>

*gradite i nostri  piu' distinti saluti, Atentamente,best regards,
 freundliche Grüße   *наилучшими пожеланиями

*Nicolo Cerni , *
*N C A* (N)ico (C)erni (A)ssociates
www.nico-cerni.com , marketing industriale, info at altair-international.com

*Customers only *
*+39 340 830.67.97 - Home office      +39 045 69.32.996 ( 24 hours voice
recorder )*

*Europa HQ Deutschland Hr/  Mr Wilhelm Doenne*

Telefon         *+49. 5141.219.83.72 / ( 09:30 / 17:oo)* - 5141 980 912
fx ( DDU Celle )
Mobil            +49.152 028 05119    ( *Wilhelm  Doenne* )
Funk             +49 176 457 38 790  .( *Nico Cerni *)

*EPC  department - European and international contractors *

*GENERAL CONTRACTOR company AES gmbh , Akazienweg, 16, D 15834 Rangsdorf (
Berlin Brandenburg www.altair-pyro.com <http://www.altair-pyro.com> ,
** Electrical
contractors*      Esiet Office (24h) +39.02.97.37.58.01 -  ask reception
for Mr Maurizio Andreoli  ( 09:oo-18: 3o ) -   *Skype : nico_cerni *

*THIS E MAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL OUR CONFIDENTIALITY AND NON DISCLOSURE
AGREEMENT APPLIES -  DIESE NACHRICHT IST VERTRAULICH, ES GILT  UNSERE
VERSCHWIEGENHEITSVEREINBARUNG*