[Gasification] Introduction to the list - new member Bjorn Kuntze

Björn Kuntze kuntze at mastergas.de
Thu Jan 5 01:43:44 CST 2017

To all members of this list,

I joined this list currently and want to introduce myself:

My name is Bjorn Kuntze, 50 years old. I live in a town called Oldenburg,
which is located in the northwestern part of Germany.

I started being fascinated from gasification in 1995. It happened in an
lecture at Oldenburg University about small scale gasification for rural /
off grid power generation by Ulrich Graf.

Since this time I focused on gasification and worked about 50% of my
professional career in this field. I mainly worked on CHP projects with
staged gasification in the power range up to 400 kWe. Due to significantly
reduced feed-in tariffs in Germany, the business becomes more and more
difficult here in Germany.

This is why I become more and more interested in production of products like
charcoal instead of only energy.

I run my own small company and work as a freelancer for companies being
involved in gasification.

One project that I do together with other partners as an joint venture is
the development of an continuous operating charcoal reactor for woody
biomass. This will be realized in 2017. Charcoal production capacity will be
about 50 kg/h.

I join this list because I want to get more contacts to people working in
this field worldwide, to share and to collect information and hopefully to
find some opportunities for being involved in any kind of gasification
projects.

Best regards

Bjorn Kuntze