[Gasification] Getting both heat and char .....

Energies Naturals C.B. energiesnaturals at gmx.de
Fri Jan 6 15:54:21 CST 2017

How amazing!
In such a short time sooo many good ideas!
And I think Doug is right:

First step is a demo unit to learn with and to show the feasability of the project by baking a few test pieces.

Second is a first upwards step towards a semi "serious" unit.Perhaps together with a professional ceramist.

Third would be after there is a real commercial perspective . Here comes the idea of additional charcoal production back.
A more sophisticated installation, perhaps like Roland Siemons'would be great. Know how, money, investment,and partners wanted!

I have just spoken to Pilar, the ceramist. She is recovering from a severe infect and not yet fully operational.

But she tells me a 150-250 l unit, 0.5 x 0.5 x 1m could do to bake the necessary standard 300x300 x 5 mm test pieces.

A  seemingly simple Agua Das gasifier, perhaps with more sophisticated air control could perhaps work.
Brass smelts at roughly 1200 °C, quite similar to the 1300 we need.

I guess I can find a siutable kiln and convert it to gas. I have never done this, so any hint and help is welcome!

The next step is building the right kind and size of gasifier. Next the burner(s), matching both gasifier and kiln the kiln.

BTW, what are temperatures in a typical gasifier stove (inverted flame) ?

Looking foreward to your ideas!

Rolf

--
Energies Naturals C.B. <energiesnaturals at gmx.de>