[Greenbuilding] finding coils inside (new) chest freezer

LarenCorie LarenCorie at axilar.net
Mon Dec 6 15:10:41 CST 2010

Hi Reuben;

    I would line the interior with Reflectix and/or isocyanurate
(foil facing inward. Seal with aluminum tape), and call it a day.
I very seriously doubt that you can accomplish anything that is
worth the effort, and potential risk, by tearing into the exterior
walls of your already efficient freezer. I have a portable cooler,
which I lined, that way.    I use it when I travel in my van, and
also when carrying frozen foods home from the store.  I can
put ice cream in it, during Summer, then not go home for
eight hours, and the ice cream stays hard.

-Laren Corie-
Natural Solar Building Design Since 1975
www.ThermalAttic.com

Read my Solar house design articles in:
-Energy Self-Sufficiency Newsletter-
www.essnmag.com

Home base-LittleHouses YahooGroup
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LittleHouses/

 Founder-WoodGas - Power from wood
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WoodGas

Founder-RefrigeratorAlternatives YahooGroup
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RefrigeratorAlternatives