[Greenbuilding] Stale Air

jfstraube jfstraube at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 15:25:03 CST 2010

Get such an integrated sensor is easy.  Controlling a system is the hard part.  Some systems cant be controlled, for example, systems with no independent ventilation system (many houses, most commercial multi-zone VAV systems) or no independent humidity control (essentially all houses and most commercial buildings).  And CO is not a control function is an alarm function, like a smoke detector is.
I dont quite see the little benefit to having sensor that monitors temp, RH, CO2, CO as one integrated blob. I see many disadvantages.
Brian, did you have an idea of why this is good and what it might control?

John