[Greenbuilding] Wood again [storage]

Kathy Cochran kathys_old_house at goldrush.com
Wed Dec 29 12:13:35 CST 2010

My experience with firewood is that if it sits around for about 5 years,
that it starts to deteriorate (bugs, moisture) and when you burn it it's
"pithy" and its density has deteriorated.  Granted, that wood wasn't stored
under ideal conditions.  But so far I think that if wood is cut one winter,
then it is ready to burn the next.  Any comments on this?

Thanks,  Kathy