[Greenbuilding] Wood again [storage]

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 12:18:14 CST 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Kathy Cochran <
kathys_old_house at goldrush.com> wrote:

> But so far I think that if wood is cut one winter, then it is ready to burn
> the next.  Any comments on this?

I think the part about being cut <in winter> is pretty important. I don't
think we generally pay as much attention to this sort of thing anymore, but
the sap still rises and falls with the seasons whether we care to notice or
not.
If I also split and stacked the wood in winter #1and let it dry for say 8
months (through the following summer in any case) I would think it would be
pretty good. Since as I've noted I don't cut standing trees for firewood I
don't know if this would be enough time, but think it is a good start,
especially if you split it small right away.