[Greenbuilding] ERV Issues

Alan Abrams alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
Sun Nov 7 08:12:26 CST 2010

it seems better to take the exhaust leg out the long way.  This is because
of the inefficiency of any unit, the delta between exhaust air and indoor
air temp will be less than the delta between intake and indoor temp.

it may also be worthwhile to analyze the diameter of the ducts, as they
impact static pressure and particularly noise.  it's notable that as
envelope insulation improves, the perception of mechanical noise can
increase.

*Alan Abrams**
Abrams Design Build LLC*
*A sustainable approach to beautiful space*
alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
www.abramsdesignbuild.com
*202-726-5894 o
202-437-8583 c