[Greenbuilding] Concrete Fertilizer Staining

McDonald, David Joseph davidmcdonald at neo.tamu.edu
Mon Nov 1 16:16:52 CDT 2010

Hello all,

I am doing some experimenting with fertilizer staining for my local habitat for humanity and was hoping somebody could give me some tips. Initially I thought that staining and sealing the floor would be easiest after the foundation was dry but the walls had not been put up yet. The only thing about this method is that the floor will be scuffed and very dirty after the walls have been risen and the house is finished. The sealer I have is Behr Wet Look Sealer and I was wondering how well this will hold up after the floor has been scrubbed to get the paint and scuff marks off the floor.

Does anyone who has some knowledge of this think that the sealer will be able to withstand the intense cleaning after the house has been completed?

The other method would be to stain the floor after the house is finished but this would require even more cleaning as well as extend the completion date of the house.

I appreciate all comments.

Thanks,

David