[Greenbuilding] Reducing mold

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 18:22:40 CST 2010

*From Mike O'B;    Are you thinking about ways to reduce the mold?
*
Indeed, I would love something easy to reduce the black stuff that appears
in our shower.  Certainly it is enough of a problem here in relatively humid
NE Kansas that there are loads of products sold in the stores to get rid of
it.  A good spray of a vinegar solution helps, as does clorox.  However, the
water from our bathroom goes straight outside into a small running-
downhill-gray-water trench, so using clorox isn't so great.

I'm in fact looking for a solution that doesn't exist.  A good scrubing
lasts a long time.  The walk-in shower is 3'x5', not a stall at all.  The
room in which it lives is large for a bathroom; in the winter the ambient
temp is rather cool so I would love to enclose the shower area like the
Sunfrost site suggests but I'm afraid I would only be asking for more mold
problems.

Wonder how the Turkish bath folks keep mold out?

Sacie