[Greenbuilding] Fwd: pool heating

Nick Pyner npyner at tig.com.au
Mon Nov 8 09:23:48 CST 2010

For starters, you are talking of aquiring about 200 KWh, which is quite a
lot of power.

I assume you are talking about black poly and the pipe has a capacity of
70l. Still water inside it can get hot but it takes time and you will have
to, in effect, empty and fill it 500 times just to pass the pool through it
once.

It all sounds pretty futile.

You might be better off trying to lay 6sq.m. of black poly sheet out on the
pool cover and squirting the water over that. At least 100% of it will be
looking at the sun.

Nick Pyner

Dee Why   NSW