[Greenbuilding] Fwd: [SolarHeat] moveable insulation

RT ArchiLogic at yahoo.ca
Mon Nov 15 12:11:45 CST 2010

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:11:34 -0500, Sacie Lambertson
<sacie.lambertson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Referencing old discussions about effective insulating window shades.
> Note particularly Doug's use of a simple groove to lock the shade in
> place.

Having the edge of the boobble wrap slide in dadoes does not constitute an
effective edge seal.

If the perimeter seals are not air-tight, moist warm air gets into the
space between the shade and the glass and condenses creating puddles on
the sills, frost and ice build-up on the edges of the glass and ... well,
just a whole bunch of trouble.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom