[Greenbuilding] mini split? Always?

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 11:32:19 CDT 2010

I'm helping some folks replace their forced air electrical furnace (1970s
condo, two level, 1,200 square feet) and from paying peripheral attention to
electrical heating discussions here I understand that a mini-split system is
the way to go if energy efficiency/low energy consumption per HDD is the top
priority and wood and gas are not options.

I normally only work with wood and natural gas heating systems, so this is
new to me. Any introductory tips? Advanced recommendations? Obvious mistakes
to avoid?

Thanks so much.

Reuben Deumling